At GoSociafy, we are committed to making the security and integrity of our user’s personal information a critical component of our data management policies and practices.
That is why we commit to protect user information. Personal information collected by GoSociafy is information about an identifiable individual that may include name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information such as online payment or credit card payment data, age, date of birth, and any personal data of connected friends that you may upload into the GoSociafy platform
GoSociafy collects transaction and user information for different reasons:
- to provide a positive customer experience;
- to collect payment for donations and purchases;
- to understand customer requirements and keep the customers updated on our activities.
- to offer new and useful online services, functions, and products to enhance the user experience.
GoSociafy does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual. Purposes for use of data include
- For communications from opted in organizations to which you may have signed up for more information or to participate in an activity.
- For internal GoSociafy analytics to provide a better user experience.
- For use by vetted advertisers who can provide news and information that may be of interest to the user. An additional vetted advertiser may be an organization that is doing work in a social impact area that is of interest to you as defined by your profile or interest areas that have been selected by you on surveys and other data collection methods of GoSociafy. This again is to provide you with a better user experience.
- As is required by local, state, or federal law.
GoSociafy retains personal information only as long as necessary. If required, the customer can modify his/her personal information and can even block sharing with any advertiser except for those organizations to which they have membership.
We define vetted advertisers as those advertisers who have met our internal policies as defined under our terms and conditions. We will have policies as reviewed by a community based nonprofit advisory board and will include guidelines against “trolls”, bullies, “fake news” sources, foreign agencies, anyone promoting profanity or hate speech, and many other negative behaviors. Vetted advertisers will also be limited to those organizations focused on fact based news and information or products that fall within guidelines as validated by the community based advisory board.
We may also use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the applications, and news websites you use. However even though we use the information to offer you better services and products no information is given or sold to third parties not directly connected to GoSociafy or authorized by our community based advisory body.
From time to time GoSociafy may offer you access to other activities or donation opportunities in keeping with GoSociafy’s goal of increasing civic participation. This may include but is not limited to offering you access to data on other events, activities, electoral or legislative campaigns, news, or civic engagement products. As stated above none of your personal information will be transferred to any third party without your consent.
If you have questions about this policy or about handling of your information by GoSociafy, or if you do not want to receive future marketing communications from GoSociafy, please contact us at info@GoSociafy.com.